Who can pray in a mosque?
Both the mosque and the home are important places of worship and prayer for Muslims. Wherever they pray, Muslims observe qiblah , which means facing in the direction of the Ka’ba in Makkah (Mecca).
Can a man and woman pray together?
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) in an affidavit, told the Supreme Court on Wednesday, 29 January, that the entry of women into mosques is permitted, and that there is no restriction on men and women praying together.
What should you not do in a mosque?
Etiquette 101: The Dos and Don’ts of Visiting Mosques in the…
- Do take off your shoes before you enter. …
- Women: Please do cover your hair. …
- Do wear proper clothes. …
- Don’t let your kids run or play inside the mosque. …
- Don’t eat or drink inside a mosque. …
- Don’t raise your voice.
How do you visit a mosque for the first time?
Rules & General Etiquette
- When sat, don’t point your feet at the direction of Meeca.
- Do not walk in front of people praying.
- Do not take photos of women without their permission.
- Be quiet in the prayer halls and rooms.
- Keep yourself dressed modestly in all areas of the mosque.
- Keep your phone on silent.
Who worship in a temple?
A Hindu temple is called a mandir . It is a sacred place for Hindu worship. There are hundreds of mandirs in the UK. In India, where most Hindus live, most cities and towns contain many temples, and there are temples in almost every village.