What does the Bible say about challenging others?
Confront those you are angry with in order to restore your relationship. 1 CORINTHIANS 13:5 | [Love] is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. Love is the mightiest weapon in overcoming anger. PROVERBS 11:29 | Those who bring trouble on their families inherit the wind.
What does the Bible say about being assertive?
Assertive communication is a Biblical way to communicate. It encourages us to be “quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger” (James 1:19 ESV). When honestly and respectfully communicating with others, deeper understanding and love abound.
How does the Bible deal with difficult people?
Using Christian values to deal with challenging people
- Ask the Holy Spirit to intercede. …
- Pray for self-control and discernment. …
- Diffuse the situation by depersonalizing it. …
- Turn the pointing finger around. …
- Pray for them.
What is the Matthew 18 principle?
The following are the words of Jesus: “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word may be established.
What do you mean by assertiveness?
Assertiveness is a healthy way of communicating. It’s the ability to speak up for ourselves in a way that is honest and respectful. … Being assertive doesn’t come naturally to everyone. Some people communicate in a way that is too passive. Other people have a style that is too aggressive.
What the Bible says about being direct?
The Bible guides us to: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6). … 587) – and I found myself being blessed by this expanded understanding of God’s nature.
What Bible says about stubbornness?
We will continue with our own plans; each of us will follow the stubbornness of his evil heart” (Jeremiah 18:12).
How do God love difficult people?
Consider these strategies when dealing with difficult people:
- Remember how much you’ve been loved. I believe God has shown His love for each of us in innumerable ways. …
- Expect nothing in return. …
- Don’t make a big show of it. …
- Be patient, and give grace.
How Christians should deal with angry people?
How to Deal with Anger God’s Way
- Restrain It. Proverbs 29:11 tells us that “Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.” This scripture does not mean that the wise bury their anger or do not deal with it, but it means that they control their anger and how they express it. …
- Re-evaluate It. …
- Release It.