How does pride destroy our relationship with God?
Pride kills your love for God, kills your passion for God, and kills your desire for God. Pride is behind every sin ever committed, every rebellion against God and His Word, and every fall of the heart of a person from the loving embrace of His Creator.
What did Bible say about pride?
Proverbs 11:2 “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” Proverbs 16:5 “The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.” Proverbs 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”
How does the Bible destroy pride?
Four ways to react to your pride:
- Give people permission to point out pride in your life. Pride deceives the mind. …
- Focus more on God than you do on yourself. When pride is pointed out, our first reaction can be introspection. …
- Pray. Prayer is a posture of humility towards God. …
What are the dangers of pride?
Pride causes us to assess our lives by the standard of our accomplishments rather than our God given identity. Pride (or as Holiday puts it, “ego”) severs us from God’s design to live in relationship with others. We are pushed into isolation by our self-confidence believing the lie that life is better alone.
How pride can ruin your life?
Pride alters communication and connection. When you put yourself on a pedestal, it makes it difficult for anyone to get close to you. Your ability to be vulnerable, which is the primary way we show trust to each other, will be compromised. Pride and vulnerability can’t coexist.
How does pride affect our lives?
Pride prevents us from acknowledging our human vulnerabilities. This shame-driven pride makes us too uncomfortable to say, “I’m sorry, I was wrong, I made a mistake.” When pride rules, we believe we’re always right. This makes it difficult to sustain intimate relationships; nobody likes being with a know-it-all.
What are the two types of pride?
Maxwell Quotes. There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. ‘Good pride’ represents our dignity and self-respect. ‘Bad pride’ is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.
What are forms of pride?
Three types of pride, dignity, superiority and arrogance, are distinguished, their mental ingredients are singled out, and two experimental studies are presented showing that they are conveyed by different combinations of smile, eyebrow and eyelid positions, and head posture.
What are examples of pride?
An example of pride is the family of lions in The Lion King. A sense of one’s own proper dignity or value; self-respect. Pride is the state of holding one’s self or another in high esteem. An example of pride is the feeling a parent has when his child graduates from college.
How do you break the spirit of pride?
6 Ways to Overcome Your Pride
- Be Aware. While pride shows you sufficiently value yourself and your accomplishments and it helps you work toward what you deserve, it’s dangerous in large quantities. …
- Don’t Take Yourself Too Seriously. …
- Ask the Right Questions. …
- Be Open-Minded. …
- Listen, Don’t Talk. …
- Put Your Business First.
How can I destroy my pride?
Here are 6 practical ways to kill pride at its source.
- Speak less and listen more. Think about the most delightfully humble people you know. …
- Cultivate curiosity. …
- Take correction. …
- Surround yourself with smart and talented people. …
- Learn to celebrate other people. …
- Grow your heart toward humility with humble actions.
What are the signs of pride?
Pride of Appearance
- Feel their appearance gives their SELF more worth.
- Think their beauty makes their SELF superior to others.
- Flaunt their figure/physique so others will praise them.
- Spend excessive time on hair, clothing, weight, body shape to impress.
- Anorexia or bulimia.
- Work hard to avoid the appearance of aging.