How do you use the word pray in a sentence?
Pray sentence example
- In peace let us pray unto the Lord. …
- I thank you for it, and pray that God will bless you. …
- I came up here to pray for the most important things. …
- To what end, pray , is so much stone hammered?
How do we use pray?
1. Christians hope and pray for salvation. 2. In times of difficulty, she pray for an oracle to guide her.
What does it mean when someone says pray?
1 : to make a request in a humble manner. 2 : to address God or a god with adoration, confession, supplication, or thanksgiving. Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More About pray.
What is an example of pray?
The definition of a prayer is a wish or is a communication with God. An example of a prayer is when you hope and wish that your family will all stay healthy. An example of a prayer is when you ask God to make sure you stay healthy.
What is the difference between prayer and pray?
Pray is the verb (“I pray when I go to church.”) and prayer is the noun (We said a prayer for the safety of the troops.)
Which preposition is used with pray?
In 6% of cases pray in is used
So think again before you pray in such a way. After their Ziyara, we prayed in the cemetery. A man prayed in agony to God to change his life. He never once missed praying in the night, and used to recite the entire Qur’an daily.
How do you pray in English?
For meaningful prayer, it is best to seek a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father. We open the prayer by addressing God because he is the one we are praying to. …
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father. …
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father. …
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
How do you describe a prayer?
a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession. the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
What is the verb of pray?
pray for: They prayed for peace. pray to God to do something: He prayed to God to save him.
pray Definitions and Synonyms